Who are we?
The Westmoreland Water Federal Credit Union is a non-profit multiple group credit union that was federally chartered in 1953 to serve the financial needs of the employees of the Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County. We are governed by a Board of Directors elected by the membership to serve on their behalf. The Board of Directors meets monthly to review income, expenses, loans, investments, policies, and to keep rates current and competitive. We currently have 35 select employee groups who offer this important benefit to their employees and members.
Credit unions were formed to permit those in a specified field of membership pool their savings, lend them to one another, and own the organization where they can save, borrow and obtain financial services. We continue to maintain growth, with assets over eighteen million dollars and more than 1,550 members.
The Westmoreland Water Federal Credit Union is regulated by the National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency. Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United State government.
To provide the best quality services available to meet the financial needs of our members. Offering these services at fair and competitive prices while safeguarding the assets of Westmoreland Water Federal Credit Union.
Board of Directors
|Fred Naccarato||Vice Chairman|
What can the Credit Union do for me?
Westmoreland Water Federal Credit Union exists to meet the needs and requirements of its members and to provide them the best possible financial assistance and advice. We are a member owned non-profit organization. There are no outside stockholders or investors making profits off your hard-earned money. The income the credit union earns on loans is what pays the bills and allows us to offer a variety of services and return to our members a fair dividend on their shares. Westmoreland Water FCU can take care of most of your financial needs offering an extensive line of deposit services including: regular share savings, Christmas club, special share savings, IRA savings, and share certificates (like CD’s). Saving is so EASY and CONVENIENT with payroll deductions! Loan services include: automobiles, pleasure vehicles, mobile homes, modular homes, home equity, home improvements, signature loans (as low as $500 for those little emergencies) and VISA credit cards. Free checking with an optional VISA debit card is offered to members in good standing. Direct deposit is available along with our 9.9% APR fixed rate VISA credit card.
To find out more about our services go to the services page.
Who can join?
To join the Westmoreland Water Federal Credit Union, you must be an employee or a member of the immediate families* of said employees or members, in one of the following groups:
- Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County
- Greater Greensburg Sewage Authority
- Western Westmoreland Sewage Authority
- North Huntingdon Sewage Authority
- Mon Valley Sewage Authority
- Westmoreland-Fayette Municipal Sewage Authority
- Monroeville Water Authority
- Municipal Authority of Robinson Township
- North Fayette Water Authority
- Leo Bacha Funeral Home, Inc.
- Kukurin Contracting, Inc.
- Members of Harrold Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Members of Word of Life Ministry
- Delmont Borough Employees
- Resource Development and Management Inc.
- Community Care, Inc.
- Supancic Excavating, Inc.
- Borough of South Greensburg
- Seton Hill University
- Linda Iezzi Salon
- Feerst Concrete & Landscaping
- Abraham & Gill, D.M.D., LLS
- Franklin Township Municipal Sewage
- The pt Group
- Smith Chiropractic Clinic
- Southwest Greensburg Borough
- Family Behavioral Resources
- Giannilli’s Home Style Italian Restaurant
- BIZ Communications
- Toyota of Greensburg
- Hyundai of Greensburg
- Minnick’s Signs
- PH Environmental Services
- O & O Electric
- Good’s Plumbing and Heating and Air Conditioning
If you are interested in offering Westmoreland Water Federal Credit Union membership as a benefit to your employees or members, please contact Stephanie Kernicky at 724-850-4797 or via email: email@example.com
*”Members of their immediate families” includes spouses, children, legally adopted children, foster children, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, grandmothers, grandfathers, domestic partners and children of the above. Persons who reside with you and contribute to the operations of the household are also eligible.